I've made my project today using the Monster Bash Suite, and I'm also going to make several Christmas versions with some of our beautiful Designer Series Paper so stay tuned for those!
Because this is an interactive project, you've got to experience it through video...
SO MUCH FUN right??? I'm making these for everyone I know!!! The first time I showed my son he was literally speechless for a minute and then with wide eyes finally said "You've got to sell those!!!" Mind blown!
Here are all the details so you can join in with my box making obsession!
* 3 sheets of cardstock
* strong adhesive (Tear & Tape, glue dots or multipurpose liquid adhesive are all great!)
* 4 rubber bands (not sure how to size those, but that fill the palm of your hand)
1. Cut 1 piece of cardstock in half at 5 1/2"
2. Trim one piece to 5 1/2" x 6" for the box.
3. Score each of the 4 sides at 1" and slightly under 1/2"
4. Trim each corner as shown here:
5. Fold each side and crease with bone folder. (Very important for a nice sharp box!)
6. Add adhesive to each side and corner tab.7. Fold each side over, being sure the corner tab is in between the two layers and adhere!
1. With the other half of the cardstock you used to make the box, trim it down to 4" x 8 1/2".
2. Score along the 8 1/2" side at 1 3/4", 2 1/4", 5 3/4" & 6 1/4".
3. Decorate as desired.
4. Crease all score lines with bone folder.
5. Wrap around box - make sure it's not too tight or it will be difficult to open! - and adhere overlapping edge.
Exploding Cube Tutorial:
1. Cut 2 pieces of cardstock in half at 5 1/2". Repeat the following instructions for each half sheet.
2. Score along the 5 1/2" side at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", and 5 1/4" (you could trim at 5 1/4")
3. Score along the 8 1/2" side at 1 3/4", 2", 2 1/4", 4", 5 3/4", 6", 6 1/4", & 8".
That's a lot of numbers... here's a visual:
4. Trim as shown in template below:
5. Score each triangle side in the center as shown with dotted line above.
6. Crease each fold with bone folder.
7. Place rubber band in accordian fold, twist once and loop around to the other accordian fold. (See why I made a video??)
8. Adhere all tabs with strong adhesive and fold into box.
9. Pinch to fold flat and lay inside box (on top of gift card of course!)
10. Close box with band, give to a friend and wait for giggles to explode!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I had a BLAST coming up with it!!! Any occasion that deserves a gift card deserves a fun gift card holder and is there anything more fun than this??? (No. No, there is not.)